Licensed School Nurse
Northport and Sonnesyn Elementary Schools
Salary based on current Collective Bargaining Agreement for Teachers
- Identify, prioritize and provide first aid management and emergency care to students within scope of authority and training in compliance with the MN Nurse Practice Act and current policies/procedures.
- Assess the health status of students and develop individual health plans as appropriate.
- Provide consultation, education, and support to students, families and staff for student health needs.
- Delegate and supervise duties carried out by health education assistants, if applicable.
- Perform nursing care procedures and administer medications necessary for students to participate in their school day per the MN Nurse Practice Act and current policies/procedures.
- Maintain student health records, ensuring confidentiality.
- Administer screening programs at appropriate grade levels.
- Provide monitoring of the school environment to prevent and control communicable disease.
- Interpret and communicate public health guidance to student, families and staff.
- Monitor and maintain student immunization records based on current state law school entrance requirements.
- Work with community resources to enhance health services to students when appropriate.
- Actively collaborate with the district health services team through department meetings and a Professinal Learning Community (PLC) with the aim of improving health at your school(s) and districte wied.
- Collaborate with the special education team to ensure student success. Duties include attend special education meetings, provide supervision to special education assistants as needed, complete paperwork as required by MN 3rd Party Billing guidelines, document health assessments for special education and other duties as assigned.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), current MN Registered Nurse (RN) license, certified Public Health Nurse (PHN) and current MN School Nurse licensure (LSN) from the Board of Education. If not currently licensed as a school nurse, the individual will be required to apply for and obtain a chool nurse license. This process usualy requires the completion of some simple paperwork rather than additional education if the applicant has a BSN, RN or PHN.
- LSN and/or Pediatric experience preferred
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Current first aid certification
- Basic computer skills
- Exceptional time managemnet and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with students, staff and parents/guardians from diverse backgrounds
Apply on-line at http://www.applitrack.com/rdale/onlineapp/
POSTING OPEN UNTIL FILLED