Effective immediately, the Human Resources Department will accept online applications for Fitness Instructors in our Community Education Department located at Central Square Community Center. Classes vary and will be scheduled based on need, either in-person or virtual. Rate of pay is $23.50 per hour, up to 15 hours per week.
Application Process: To be considered for a position, submit online application at www.sspps.org. Posting will remain open until positions are filled.
Provide instruction, management and evaluation of fitness classes. This position plans, organizes and implements classes adhering to Community Education policies and procedures.
- Provide instruction, management and evaluation of assigned fitness class.
- Maintains accurate class participation records for each class and submits to Community Education Director.
- Supervise participants in all classes.
- Ensure care and safe use of equipment and facilities.
- Ensure equipment and materials are cleaned up and put away after each class.
- Reports accidents, injuries, or equipment damage reports to Building Attendant on duty.
- Be a positive role model for respectful behavior and problem solving strategies.
- Adhere to staff and program guidelines and district procedures and policies.
- Demonstrated prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience in leading fitness classes
- Ability to promote, organize and direct fitness classes to various participants
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with class participants, instructors, staff and community members.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with independently and ability to resolve disputes and problems effectively
- Trained in First Aid, CPR, and AED
- Ability to understand and follow data privacy rules and regulations
- Ability to perform computer functions, including the use of Google apps, email, Internet navigation and Microsoft Office
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.