CLASSIFICATION: Rochester Operations Professional, non-exempt; B-2-5
SALARY RANGE: $51,770 – $56,244; depending on qualifications with advancement to $69,890
REPORTS TO: Facilities Services Coordinator
BENEFITS: Benefits available for positions working 30 hours or more per week.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4976 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB SUMMARY :
The Facilities Supervisor:
- Oversees, trains, evaluates, hires, and disciplines employees: including approval of time and attendance; manages absences; plans and rotates overtime work.
- Manages inventory, provides or secures purchasing approvals.
- Provides technical expertise for assigned area and may provide oversight or assurance of compliance or regulatory requirements including the completion of regulatory reports, serving as liaison with federal or other governmental agencies, or researching and recommending equipment purchases or replacements;
- Interfaces with customers, contractors, or other departments to solve problems or provide advice;
- Ensures safe work conditions for workers and customers through OSHA, State and City guideline compliance, including appropriate chemical storage, personal protective equipment usage and implementation of other occupational health programs for assigned area.
- Participates in emergency planning and/or response; and investigates accidents.
- Prioritizes and issues work assignments; provides direction to employees, inspects work for quality and productivity,
- Provides control of assigned budgets, expenses, or other task cost control;
- Performs daily scheduling for assigned staff or facilities assignment ensuring proper tools are available.
- Develops work plans including tasks to be performed and time required to complete those tasks.
- Reviews Teamsters contract and enforces policies,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates all cleaning and environmental service tasks and supervisor’s maintenance/custodial staff.
- Coordinates and participates in preventive maintenance and repair activities for school building.
- Assists with cleaning activities in designated areas.
- Provides support services for all day and evening activities such as student assemblies, parent teacher conferences and sporting events according to work shift.
- Performs boiler, pool and HVAC observation and maintenance to ensure optimum performance.
- Participates in coordinating construction projects for building and grounds needs.
- Other tasks as required.
Education / Certification Requirements:
- Prefer a Facility and Service Technology Program (Formally BUM, Building Utility Mechanic) or equal.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1st Class Low Pressure Boilers License.
- Certified Pool Operator License
- Prefer a minimum of three years related experience in the building maintenance, care and repair.
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years or supervisory experience in a similar position.
- Majority of time will be spent walking, standing or in a seated position
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to Environmental conditions including ossible exposure to blood-borne pathogens through blood and/or body fluids.
Commitment to Equity:
Rochester Public Schools is committed to diversifying its workforce to better reflect the community we serve. We believe the practices used in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, supporting, and promoting staff must include and honor, at every level, those who represent the diverse identities of our schools and community.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
District Information: To learn more about Rochester Public Schools, visit www.rochesterschools.org.