40 hours per week, 12 months per year
Monday – Friday
Split shift during the school year (e.g., 6:30-9:30 am and 1-6 pm)
Summer hours are straight shift from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Minimum hourly wage: $24.70
Primary Objective of Positions:
To lead and supervise a school-age child care program at an elementary school site.
- Develop an enriching program for our school-age child care program.
- Lead activities, manage program spaces, supervise and provide guidance for students.
- Train and supervise Explorers staff and volunteers. Establish positive working relationships with building and district staff including custodial, clerical, nutrition services and others as needed.
- Lead staff and students and ensure safety during non-school day programming both at our schools and on field trips in the community.
- Ensure compliance and completion of all site documentation and required paperwork.
- Support after school enrichment and recreation classes. Provide a safe, caring, fun environment for children including oversight of the tracking system used by students in the program.
- Establish positive and friendly relationships with parents and foster a high level of communication with them.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- BA or BS or AA or two years of college in a related field with 18 months of experience in school aged care.
- Evidence of successful experience in a childcare or educational setting.
- Evidence of successful experience in program leadership.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Complete CCAP required training prior to first day of employment.
- Complete a required number of staff development hours annually
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven record of punctuality and responsibility.
- Strong communication skills and positive interpersonal skills (relate well to children and adults) as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.