Minimum hourly rate is $19.55
School Year: Starting between 1:00-2:00 p.m. and working until 5:30-6:00 p.m. (2-5 days per week)
This position qualifies for a quarterly stipend from a DHS Stabilization Grant through 2023-24 fiscal year.
Primary Objective of Positions:
To provide guidance and supervision of children in grades K-5. Assist in planning, implementing, and supervising a school-age child care program. Help in leading activities, managing classrooms, and supervising children. Provide guidance and ensure safety of participants.
1. Assist in carrying out activities, supervising and providing guidance for participants.
2. Participate in planning and preparation of activities.
3. Perform record-keeping activities related to monitoring of children and activities.
4. Establish a positive and friendly relationship with parents
5. Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
1. Must meet ONE of the education and work experience requirements listed below.
2. Evidence of successful experience working with young children in a child care setting
3. Excellent communication, organizational, and customer service skills
4. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
5. Proven record of punctuality and responsibility
6. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three months of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in unrelated field AND post secondary 6 credits (3 must be in child and youth development and 3 in other areas realted to after school programming) and three months of related experience
- AA or two years of college in related field or equivalent certificate with six months of related experience
- AA or two years of college in unrelated field OR 2080 hours of work experience in OST AND at least six post-secondary credits (3 must be in child and youth development and 3 in other areas related to after school programming) and one year of related experience