Work Schedule: 4.5 hours day
Start Date: June 17, 2024
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration one of the following: Behavioral Sciences, Emotional Disturbance, Social Work Service, Effective Intervention Techniques or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
- Ability to assist in writing Functional Behavioral Assessments, Proactive Behavior Plans, and Behavior Intervention Plans
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with students with emotional and/or behavioral disabilities
- Ability to maintain a safe environment through interpersonal and physical interaction techniques
- Experience and training in crisis interventions
- Experience in communicating behavior management techniques
- Crisis intervention and prevention training
- Experience working with IEP teams
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Provide support and practical training to students
- Assist the classroom teacher with: implementing instructional plans; assisting with adaptations/modifications of the curriculum; preparing class schedules; organizing learning materials; assisting with classroom activities; and supporting the social/emotional growth of students
- Assist with redirecting inappropriate behaviors of students in classrooms, provide positive behavior interventions, escort students to vocational training jobs, and chaperone students on community outings
- Promote a safe and productive learning environment for students
- Monitor and record data pertaining to the educational progress on student goals and objectives from their Individual Education Plan (IEP’s) utilizing excel spreadsheets and graphs.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a Functional Behavior Assessment, Proactive Behavior Plans and/or Behavior Intervention Plans developed by the IEP Team
- Maintain data privacy
- Attend meetings as a member of the educational team regarding students’ IEP’s
- Perform other related duties as assigned
ISD 622 is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.