We offer a variety of substitute positions, including: teachers, educational support professionals, school nurses, Kidstop (before and after school program), custodial, food services and more. Please click on the link to learn about our opportunities: Substitute Opportunities
Four Star Express School Year Sites: Basswood, Cedar Island, Fernbrook, Oak View, Rice Lake, Rush Creek, Weaver Lake, and Woodland
Kidstop & Cosmic Club School Year Sites: Basswood, Cedar Island, Edinbrook, Elm Creek, Fernbrook, Oak View, Rice Lake, Rush Creek, Weaver Lake, Woodland
Job summary: To inspire and prepare each and every scholar with the confidence, courage and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lietime of learning. To be responsible for interacting with Four Star and/or Kidstop scholars in an enriching program.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Create a positive, welcoming, engaging environment.
- Work together with staff to meet the needs of all scholars.
- Interact with the scholars to ensure they are safe while they are having fun.
- Participate enthusiastically in the activities with scholars
- Work with staff to support and assist in leading a variety of enriching activities that promote the health, social skill building and wellness of scholars.This includes interacting with scholars during activity time, meal time and outdoor time. Activities include, but are not limited to, language arts, science,physical fitness, movement, games and events.
- Work with staff to implement a schedule of activities based on the needs and ages of the scholars, including preparing snacks and/or assisting with breakfast.
- Support grouup activities like clubs, camps, reading, science, social skills, games or other areas as needed.
- Be a positive role model and an excellent leader to staff and scholars.
- Great customer service skills. Greet the families and scholars.
- Communicate verbally and in writing accidents or incidents concerning scholars or staff in conjunction with the site and program leaders.
- Complete required training as provided.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Must be energetic, have strong organizational skills. Must be be confident, patient, sensitive, understanding and able to work with preschool and/or elementary aged scholars.
- Must believe in the mission of District 279 and have the desire to build on the strengths of the district.
- Must be a team player and able to communicate with all ages.
- Must love working with all scholars and have previous working experience. Child development knowledge a plus.
Job Type: Casual
Salary Range: $15.50
Employment Dates: 2023-2024 School Year
Work Hours: Varies between 6:15am – 6:15pm, Monday – Friday
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.