Hours: 6 hours/day; 5 days/week
General Purpose of Job: Assist the special education teacher in the operation and function of the classroom, and to work with individual or small groups of students as directed by and under the supervision of the special education teacher. Specifically this position will work with students in the Connect Program to implement daily interventions and assistance as planned by licensed staff.
- Assist in the implementation of the students’ special education instructional plan(s) including physical and behavioral management. Specific duties are assigned by the supervising teacher based on students’ special needs.
- Assist in the implementation and follow through of the students’ individual plans in all settings in which the program is delivered and as assigned by the supervising teacher.
- Collect observational data about assigned student(s) in various school settings and report to supervising teacher.
- Assist in the preparation, collection and maintenance of educational materials and equipment.
- Assist staffings, conferences and any other special meetings as requested by supervising teacher.
- Complete educational forms, reports and other student related data relevant to the individual student(s) in the special education program as directed by the special education teacher.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the team and approved by the Special Education Coordinator Special Education Supervisor.
- Applicants must be Highly Qualified
Applicants meet the Highly Qualified requirement if they have:
*Two years of study at an institution of higher education; Minnesota’s standard; A minimum of 60 semester credits or the amount required to complete two years of full-time enrollment as determined by the institution attended OR
*An Associate’s (or higher) degree; Minnesota’s standard: An AA, AS, AAS, (or higher) degree OR
*Received a passing score on the ParaPro Assessment.
- Persons employed shall have the skills needed to perform tasks and work with children, staff and parents. Must have physical capability to lift and attend to physical needs of students as required.
- Participation in district training program prior to and during employment.
Job Type: Full-time, school year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Salary Range: Per Contract