Job summary: Assist the special education teacher in the operation and function of the classroom, and to work with individual or small groups of students as directed by and under the supervision of the special education teacher.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Assist in the implementation of the students’ special education instructional plan(s) including physical and behavioral management. Specific duties are assigned by the supervising teacher based on students’ special needs.
- Assist in the implementation and follow through of the students’ individual plans in all settings in which the program is delivered and as assigned by the supervising teacher.
- Collect observational data about assigned student(s) in various school settings and report to supervising teacher.
- Assist in the preparation, collection and maintenance of educational materials and equipment.
- Assist staffings, conferences and any other special meetings as requested by supervising teacher.
- Complete educational forms, reports and other student related data relevant to the individual student(s) in the special education program as directed by the special education teacher.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the team and approved by the Special Education Coordinator Special Education Supervisor.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include:
- Persons employed shall have the skills needed to perform tasks and work with children, staff and parents.
- Must have physical capability to lift and attend to physical needs of students as required.
- Participation in district training program prior to and during employment.
Salary: View Classification II (2) salary grid on page 4, section 2, and classification, page 5, section 2 on Educational Support Professional contract
Work schedule: 4.5 hours/day; 5 days/week;
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professional
Desired Start Date: TBD
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.