Job summary: To be responsible for assisting in the supervision of the Kidstop scholars. Our program supports our mission to inspire and prepare each and every scholar with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning.
Four Star Express School Year Sites: Basswood, Cedar Island, Fernbrook, Oak View, Rice Lake, Rush Creek, Weaver Lake, Woodland
Kidstop School Year Sites: Basswood, Cedar Island, Edinbrook, Elm Creek, Fernbrook, Oak View, Rice Lake, Rush Creek, Weaver Lake, Woodland
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Follow all district, building and program health and safety procedures while creating a positive, welcoming, engaging environment.
- Ensure that vulnerable scholars are adequately supervised, which may include extra support.
- Operate adaptive equipment (i.e., wheelchairs, and augmentative communication devices, assistive technology) and ensure their safe and proper use as needed.
- Assist scholars with the self-care tasks of feeding, dressing, and toileting. Lifting, moving and transitioning may be necessary for repositioning and/or functional tasks as needed. Under the direction of a licensed school nurse or registered nurse, perform basic medical procedures to include, but not limited to, tube feedings, seizure recognition and precautions, etc
- Work with the instructors and program manager to support and assist in leading a variety of enriching activities that promote the health, social skill building and wellness of students.
- Work with staff to implement a schedule of activities based on the needs and ages of the scholars. Participate in activities. Activities include, but are not limited to, language arts, science, physical fitness, movement, games and events.
- Support group activities like clubs, camps, reading, science, social skills, games, or other areas as needed
- Participate enthusiastically in the activities with the scholars.
- Be a positive role model and an excellent leader to staff and scholars.
- Great customer service skills. Greet the families and scholars.
- Communicate verbally and in writing accidents or incidents concerning scholars or staff in conjunction with the site and program leaders. Observe, collectin, document and report data as directed through an IEP if applicable.
- Help families with signing in and signing out. Laptop and Ipad experience is preferred.
- Be knowledgeable of the program.
- Work with and support all scholars in the program.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of scholars and families. Communicate with appropriate personnel as dictated by Federal Education Reporting Practices Act (FERPA) and District policy.
- Carry out the philosophy of Kidstop, District 279 Mission, and the policies and procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings, in-service workshops, and Kidstop sponsored events and complete required training that is needed.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must have knowledge of and be able to assist the instructor to plan and lead activities
- Must be able to assist in implementing program wide initiatives in the areas of health and fitness.
- Must have knowledge in and ability to lead groups.
- Must be energetic, have strong communication skills and organizational skills. Must be confident, patient, sensitive, understanding and able to work with elementary aged scholars.
- Must believe in the mission of District 279 and have the desire to build on the strengths of the district.
- Must be a team player and able to communicate with all ages.
- Must love working with all scholars and have previous working experience. Child development knowledge is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Experience working with students
Salary: View Classification II (2) salary grid on page 4, section 2, and classification, page 5, section 2 on Educational Support Professional contract ; $17.00 to $22.58/hourly? depending on experience
Work Schedule: Hours: 2.0 to 2.5 hours/day; 5 days/week — Hours assigned will be between 6:15am 9:45am. Hours will be determined daily and you will be notified at least 1 hour in advance.
Job Type: Part-time, School Year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professional
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.