General Purpose of Job: Assist licensed staff with student behavior interventions. These tasks will constitute the major portion of the Educational Support Professional time.
- Respond to classroom/behavior, conduct calming or motor breaks for designated students, assist as necessary with repetitive lunch or recess concerns, etc.
- Work directly with students individually or in small groups on behaviorally related concerns, etc.
- Assist Principal and/or teachers in large group activities/projects. Seek out special instructional materials to assist with students having particular behavioral/social/emotional problems, .
- Perform other duties as assigned by principal or designee.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate ability to work with students.
- Computer and word processing experience helpful.
Salary: View Classification II (2) salary grid on page 4, section 2, and classification, page 5, section 2 on Educational Support Professional contract
Work schedule: Part-time, school year; 6 hours/day; 5 days/week (Secondary)
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professional
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.