Job summary: Assist the classroom teacher with instructional tasks, working directly and indirectly with students. These tasks will constitute the major portion of the Educational Support Professional time.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Assist in general classroom operational procedures such as setting up and operating audiovisual equipment, setting up physical education equipment, preparing and setting up art supplies.
- Work directly with students individually or in small groups on academic and motor or social skills, e.g., math, science, English, color recognition, decision making, self-esteem building, etc.
- Assist students and teachers in large group activities/projects such as art, physical education, dramatics.
- Seek out special instructional materials to assist with students having particular learning problems, e.g., separate math skill worksheet, not a part of teacher’s curriculum.
- Type worksheets, tests, or various instructional material; duplicate and assemble.
- Correct tests via computer. Record results in grade books.
- Supervise students for lunch and/or recess.
- Perform other duties as assigned by principal or designee.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 2 year degree or a passing score on the ParaPro test.
- Persons employed shall have the skills needed to perform tasks and work with children, staff and parents. Must have physical capability to lift and attend to physical needs of students as required.
- Participation in district training program prior to and during employment.
* working in a Title I school must be Highly Qualified in accordance with MDE.
Salary: View Classification II (2) salary grid on page 4, section 2, and classification, page 5, section 2 on Educational Support Professional contract
Work schedule: 6 hours/day; (5 hrs ELL, 1 hr clerical) 5 days/week
Job Type or FTE: Part-time, school year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professional
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.