Job summary: The largest role is to assist the English learners (EL) and classroom teachers with instructional tasks related to EL students, working directly and indirectly with students (3 hours). This role also includes supervising lunch/recess 1.5 hours per day, supporting Special Education students 1 hour per day, and parking lot supervision 30 minutes per day (after school). (3 hrs/day EL, 2 hrs/day Clerical, 1 hr/day Special Ed)
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Work directly with students individually or in small groups on academic and motor or social skills, e.g., math, science, English, color recognition, decision making, self-esteem building, etc.
- Assist students and teachers in large group activities/projects such as art, physical education, dramatics.
- Seek out special instructional materials to assist with students having particular learning problems, e.g., separate math skill worksheet, not a part of teacher’s curriculum.
- supervise students at lunch/recess: this includes building positive relationships, holding children accountable for behaviors consistently, monitoring students closely, following building school environment procedures.
- Patrol the drive portion of the parent parking lot for either arrival or dismissal. Two adults are assigned to this supervision which primarily is using flags to stop traffic and allow parent/child to cross safely.
- Perform other duties as assigned by principal or designee.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Demonstrate ability to work with students.
- Computer and word processing experience helpful.
Salary: View Classification I (1) and II (2) salary grid on page 4, section 2, and classification, page 5, section 2 on Educational Support Professional contract
Work schedule: 6 hours/day; 5 days/week; school year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professional
Desired Start Date: TBD
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.