Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Maintaining a safe and respectful environment in the lunch room, hallways, and/or in study hall;
- Assisting with exit/entrance exits during fire drills, and for daycare buses; and
- Supervising students taking tests.
- Processing copy requests from staff;
- Assisting with preparation of and distribution of teacher sub folders;
- Preparing materials for classroom projects; and
- Preparing materials for students and families.
- Greeting visitors, students, families, and/or staff members as they enter the building and handing out appropriate passes and/or directions;
- Answering and transferring phone calls;
- Scheduling appointments and maintaining records for screenings; and
- Requesting community education permits.
- Creating and maintaining relevant data. This may include but is not limited to attendance, student fees, staff and student vehicles, emergency phone numbers, lunch and bus numbers, student parking permits, student schedules and exam results; and
- Maintaining and organizing copy rooms and supply rooms.
Minimum qualifications include:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Working with children;
- Communicating effectively in verbal and written formats;
- Developing collaborative working relationship with students and staff;
- Using positive behavior intervention strategies;
- Resolving conflict effectively; and communities;Promoting positive environments by working effectively with diverse students, staff, families
- Using computer software such as email, Microsoft office and Google Drive;
- Organizing and managing time effectively;
- Working in a flexible and adaptable manner with a tolerance for ambiguity; and
- Modeling the attributes of an efficacious learner: resourceful, self-directed, responsible, problem solver and skilled communicator.
Salary: View Classification I (1) salary grid on page 4, section 2, andclassification, page 5, section 2 on Educational Support Professional contract
Work schedule: Monday – Friday 6 hours/day, 5 days/week
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professional
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.