Salary/Hourly Rate: $24.31 or above depending on qualifications
Fit Future Sports Coaches are responsible for the effective implementation of team sports programming for Fit Future sports in Community Education. Coaches will plan and execute team and player skill building, teach the basic rules and fundamentals of the seasonal sports curriculum. This position will also assist in game and tournament operations.
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
- Implement the sports programming to the youth members of the Fit Future athletic program.
- Provide general supervision of students and participants.
- Monitors evening and weekend activities to ensure appropriate use of the building.
- Works with the staff from Youth Enrichment and Kids & Co. to ensure programs run smoothly.
- Assists with light custodial services in and around the facility as needed to support sports programming.
- Promotes and supports the overall mission of the district by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- High School or youth playing or coaching experience in chosen sport.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- Driver’s License.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- District policies and procedures.
- Registration procedures for Community Education programs.
- Base knowledge of sport specific rules and guidelines.
- Support all aspects of the program and work with stakeholders on improvement in all areas.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Operating a personal computer using standard and specialized software.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Commitment to the District mission, which is to ensure high quality, innovative, challenging education where all learners are valued and respected.
- Performing assigned responsibilities in a manner consistent with the district’s established Core Values.
- Advancing the District’s mission and values through careful attention to the key issues of Learning, Environment, and Resources.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in an office setting.
Occasional travel required to locations throughout the District.