Mountain Lake High School has 250 students in grades 7-12 and is located in southwest Minnesota on the Hwy 60 corridor between Mankato and Worthington. We are seeking a qualified person to join our English department.
This position is responsible for instruction for English courses for grades 7, 9, and 12.
– Teaches knowledge and skills in reading, grammar, literature, vocabulary and other language arts areas in accordance with district curriculum.
– Promotes critical and creative thinking and analysis in all related subject areas.
– Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
– Develops lesson plans and instructional materials for subject area, and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
– Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
– Maintains familiarity with Minnesota state standardized tests for the purpose of adapting curriculum to maximize student achievement on such tests.
– Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
– Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
– Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school’s standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
– Coordinates with other professional staff members and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
– MN license for English/Language Arts or Communciation Arts/Literature for grades 7-12.
Questions regarding the position:
Contact High School Principal Michelle Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-427-2325 ext. 103.