This is a 6.5 – 6.75 hours per day position as a English Learner Paraprofessional. Location to be determined.
- Bilingual – Spanish Speaking
- A high school diploma or GED and one of the following:
- An AA, AS, AAS (or higher) degree, or
- Two years of post-secondary coursework (60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits) from an accredited institution of higher education which are applicable toward a bachelors degree, or
- Passing score of 460 (or higher) on the ParaPro Assessment. (For more information on the ParaPro Assessment, contact Educational Testing Service at 1-800-772-9476 or www.ets.org/parapro)
- Basic skills in reading, writing and math
- Proficient in understanding of educational software applications to assist students
- Proficient in oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in organizational skills
- Capable of working cooperatively and congenially to develop good relationships with other employees, supervisors and students
- Understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality related to student data
- Ability to be punctual in reporting to work and for assigned duties
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
- Work directly with individual students and groups in daily activities and assignments, providing direction and assistance.
- Assist licensed staff in preparing instructional plans and lessons for students.
- Monitor and manage student behavior by providing appropriate activities, attention and directions, pacing and cues, feedback and consequences for behaviors.
- Assist the instructional team in providing individualized instruction by tutoring students who need extra help in completing assignments, providing enrichment activities for students, supervising study sessions, and organizing and implementing applications of the computer as a supplemental instructional tool.
- Assist in the development and organization of program activities and services by reporting student observations, gathering information, and providing suggestions.
- Participate in staffing and conferences related to students and to the program by reporting on data collected, providing feedback on data, and reporting pupil progress for the classroom and program (evening meetings when needed).
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the school program by preparing behavior modification charts, point charts, bonus coupons and homework sheets; monitoring student attendance, and collecting data or other related activities. Record student progress on appropriate documents and maintain official school district student records.
- Relate to students in a patient, supportive and warm manner; intervene with students in crisis in a calm and empathic manner.
- Work cooperatively with staff, other professionals and parents.
- Assist the teacher in the preparation and housekeeping of the classroom by cleaning, arranging or storing materials, furniture, equipment and written documents and files.
- Attend team and school staff meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Pay and Benefits:
The rate of pay for this position is $20.33 per hour. Paraprofessionals work during the school day when students are present. Insurance benefits are available to full and part-time employees who work at least twenty hours per week.
Inver Grove Heights Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.