1.0 FTE English Language Arts
Kasson-Mantorville High School is seeking to hire a 1.0 FTE English Language Arts teacher for the 2023-24 school year The ideal candidate would be an innovative team player who believes in the value of building relationships with all students, has strong content area knowledge and is committed to teaching the MN standards at a rigorous level for all learners. We are looking for a dynamic individual to collaborate with our already strong English department.
Mentorship will be provided, and a strong curriculum is in place.
Candidates who have any questions about the position are encouraged to contact HS principal Trent Langemo at email@example.com
Learn more about our HS by visiting our district webpage www.komets.k12.mn.us or follow us on Twitter @KMKoMetsHS
We are located between the cities of Kasson and Mantorville. Kasson is the home of a vibrant downtown district and Mantorville is known for its historic presence in SE Minnesota. The communities are fifteen minutes from downtown Rochester, home of the Mayo Clinic and IBM and approximately one hour south of the Twin Cities.
Kasson-Mantorville is a growing school district of 2,100 students, with numerous co-curricular and extracurricular programs and club opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS: MN High School English teacher certification preferred.
JOB GOAL: Develops lesson plans, conducts classroom instruction, evaluates and assesses both instructional material and student performance, meets with parents and guardians, interprets student progress and informs parents and guardians about student strengths, weaknesses and programs.
1. Teaches district approved curriculum.
2. Develops and plans instructional activities, lesson plans and/or individual educational plans.
3. Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
4. Assesses student performance and behavior and provides documented evidence of such.
5. Is available to administrators, parents, guardians and/or students outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
6. Maintains accurate and complete records as directed.
7. Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and board policy.
8. Is responsible to be knowledgeable about all district policies and the master agreement.
9. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management.?