Breckenridge Public Schools are currently seeking a dynamic and driven educator for English/ Language Arts beginning with the 2023-2024 school year. Under the general supervision of the High School Principal, the educator will develop lesson plans and objectives that engage students and promote critical thinking and problem solving skills. The goal of Breckenridge Schools is to hire cutting edge 21st Century Learning experts interested in working in a progressive forward thinking district. Desired candidates will possess strong content knowledge, ability to integrate technology into the curriculum, willingness to team teach, enthusiasm for project based learning in an active classroom, senior high or junior high background, and excellent communication skills.
- Develops lesson plans that provide students rigorous and relevant learning experiences.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs.
- Creates projects designed to enhance student learning in an active classroom setting.
- Encourages students to think independently and express original ideas.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Inspires their students to ask questions and to seek out answers
- Staying current on the latest technology and active classroom strategies
- Develops and administers education curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy
- Knowledge and/or ability to incorporate Project Based Learning, Problem based learning and active classroom
- Willingness to take risks in education and be able to reflect on learning
- Ability to develop positive and appropriate relationships with students
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth
- Collaborating with other teachers, staff, students and parents to support student progress
- Integration of technology into instruction
- Create projects and team-teach with other staff members in the high school setting
- Must be a creative project based learning educator capable of working with community partners through projects in the community
Hold a Minnesota English/ Language Arts license or ability to obtain appropriate licensure in the future.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled
EXTRA-CURRICULAR DUTIES: Extra-curricular opportunities may be available
SUPERVISION: The teacher reports to the building principal
Teachers are compensated according to the current master agreement which is located on the School District website under District Office> Employment Opportunities> Master Agreements
Please contact the High School Principal, Craig Peterson at 218-643-2694 or via email at email@example.com with any questions.