Inver Grove Heights Schools is a thriving and growing district with nearly 4,000 pre-kindergarten through 12th grade students in six schools. Our mission is to inspire students, innovate in its programming, and help students excel and make a positive impact on our community.
We are committed to build core life skills into student daily learning and use Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) to develop students personally as well as academically. We are proud to have a school system that is competitive in academic test scores and known for being student-focused.
“ISD 199 is large enough to offer excellent opportunities to students while being small enough to feel like a family.” Elementary Teacher
This is a full time, long term substitute position as an Elementary School Teacher. The teacher in this position will be covering for multiple long term teacher absences during the school year.
- Bachelors degree in educational field.
- Licensed by the State of Minnesota to teach at the assigned grade level and academic area.
- Relevant experience to position.
- Any other qualifications the Board of Education may deem necessary and desirable for the specific assignment.
- Proven success working cooperatively and congenially with other employees, supervisors, parents, and students.
- Curriculum and Instruction:
- Demonstrate solid content knowledge and pedagogical practices that reflect current research and best practices.
- Teach district approved curriculum without proselytizing to students about his/her own cultural, political, religious, or philosophical beliefs.
- Create instructional goals that are connected to standards, are measurable, establish high expectations, and are relevant to students’ lives
- Deliver differentiated instruction that supports student differences, learning needs, and exceptionalities.
- Implement learning activities that are highly relevant, student active, and maintain organization while allowing for student choice.
- Provide student assessments that are congruent with learning goals and are used to help students’ progress toward mastery of standards.
- Create and maintain a classroom environment that promotes caring and respect, is conducive to effective learning and meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Establish clear standards and classroom procedures for student behavior that address individual needs in a respectful and preventative manner.
- Address the needs of 21st century learners through the integration of technology into classroom instruction and student learning activities.
- Monitor and assess student progress through both formative and summative assessments and adjust student instruction accordingly.
- Provide feedback to students and parents that is accurate, constructive, substantive, specific, timely, and provided in a manner that promotes students’ learning.
- Display accurate knowledge of the diverse cultures of students and consistently demonstrate understanding of cultural influences on student’s behavior and success.
- Demonstrate awareness of the impact of culture and race on the achievement gaps and regularly uses formative and summative data to make instructional decisions including the use of differentiated instructional strategies that are culturally responsive and meet students’ learning needs
- Adapts curriculum to reflect multicultural content and perspectives
- Professional Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain effective and professional relationships with students, peers, and parents.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication with parents/guardians that displays cultural sensitivity.
- Display positive leadership and make substantial contributions at both the building and district level on projects, initiatives, and curriculum improvement.
- Seek out professional development opportunities and apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program.
- Collaborate with others to improve professional practice and student achievement.
- Care for district resources, equipment, and materials assigned to him/her and report concerns regarding facility and equipment to designated supervisor.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to all procedures and practices prescribed in the Teacher, Student, and/or Parent Handbooks.
- Understand and practice School Board policies and adhere to federal and state laws that apply to his/her job assignment.
- Provide direction and supervision for all school activities to which he/she is assigned.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor or district administrator.
Pay and Benefits:
Inver Grove Heights Community Schools offers a competitive and comprehensive teacher salary and benefit package.
Inver Grove Heights Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.