Full time Kindergarten Teacher
AFSA Elementary is seeking a licensed Kindergarten teacher for our mindful, play-based classroom. This is a full-time permanent position for the 2023-2024 school year and beyond. AFSA elementary class sizes are between 22 and 24 students in size. AFSA uses standards-based grading and encourages hands-on lessons and projects that build skills, curiosity and a love of learning for our students. We are a community of learners who welcome everyone and work hard to promote inclusivity. Teachers have a lot of flexibility with their planning and have prep time each day.
Our ideal candidate will be innovative and adaptable. They will work to develop student-led learning and incorporate projects and hands-on learning within the structure of state standards. Field trips are encouraged! They should be a strong communicator and willing and able to collaborate with their colleagues. AFSA brings a unique learning experience to our students and we are seeking teachers who can build strong student, parent, and community relationships for our team.
AFSA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or political beliefs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate teaching area
- Valid MN teaching license; Birth-3rd license preferred, K-6 accepted
- Develop and present relevant, timely and engaging curriculum lessons.
- Be a caring adult in your student’s lives
- Supervise students to ensure a safe learning environment.
- Organize supplies and resources for lectures and presentations.
- Provide experiential learning activities
- Plan and implement educational activities and events.
- Ensure your classroom is clean and orderly.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences
- Evaluate and document students’ progress.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to Director or designated staff member