One91 is a place where staff members are valued and can make an impact. We’re looking for candidates with an innovative, creative approach to education that will spark wonder and curiosity in our learners. We want relationship-builders who are dedicated and passionate about making a difference for our students and community.
Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
Hours/Day: 1.0 FTE
Compensation/benefits: BEA Contract
Job Responsibilities: The licensed Special Education Lead works closely with the district Individualized Student Services Team to support the development and implementation of the building/program’s special education service delivery model. The teacher serves as a resource for their special education staff in disseminating information on evidence-based instructional practices and targeted professional development.
- Actively encourage and embrace each member of the school community
- Create a sense of support that fosters individual growth and pursuit of learning
- Continually work to understand your own assumptions and biases and how they impact the learning environment
- Make a commitment to value and manage cultural uniquenesses and adapt education to meet the needs of each student
- Prepare students to meet “the next challenge” through fostering confidence that comes from adventurous exploration and rigorous academics
- Develop a culture of trust where students, families, and staff are all reflected in decisions that shape the learning environment
- Foster student agency in a way that allows and encourages students to make choices that personalize their learning journey
- Build a day-to-day experience that leads students to their passion and purpose
License / Education Requirements: Licensed by the MN Department of Education as a Early Childhood Special Education License. Experience working cross-culturally and/or commitment to work toward improving one’s own cultural competence, i.e., valuing difference/diversity, recognizing personal limitations and one’s skills and expertise, and having the desire to learn in these areas.
- Discover One91
- Commitment to Equity
- The One91 Learning Experience – A Pathways Approach
- Benefits of Working in One91
A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. District One91 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.