Eden Prairie Schools, home of the Eagles, is an incredible place for students to learn and grow. This district has enjoyed a long-standing reputation of excellence that is built on high expectations for our students and staff. We believe it is our purpose to create an environment of care and support where each student is inspired every day. We do this best by knowing each of our learners as individuals, recognizing their skills and motivations, and pushing them to excel.
More than 8,400 diverse student learners are provided an exceptional educational experience throughout the district’s five Elementary Schools (PreK-5), Spanish Immersion School (PreK-5), Middle School (6-8), High School (9-12), Transition Program, and K-12 Online School. Our dedicated staff are caring, knowledgeable and a vital facet of our Eagle Nation.
Eden Prairie Schools is currently seeking applicants for the position of an Early Childhood Special Education Paraprofessional.
The Special Education Paraprofessional will assist with the special needs student with mobility, self-care, communication, and social interaction needs to maximize participation in classroom activities.
Early Childhood Special Education Paraprofessional
MSEA Level 3
RATE OF PAY:
HOURS PER DAY:
START & ENDING TIME:
9:25 AM – 12:05 PM and 1:10 PM – 3:50 PM
WORKING DAYS PER YEAR:
- Two year degree or higher, 60 credits toward a degree, or obtain a passing score on the MN approved assessment ParaPro test, which measures math and reading skills.
- Basic child development educational background or knowledge preferred.
- Willingness to work with and show respect for students with special needs.
- Able to work independently.
- Demonstrated communication skills, patience, and flexibility.
- Experience with special education students including EBD, LD, and MMH
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to follow teacher’s plan and direction, and communicate effectively with students, staff, and parents.
All job offers from Eden Prairie Schools are conditioned upon passing a pre-employment criminal background check and ISD 272 School Board approval. Offers for these positions will also be conditioned upon passing a pre-employment physical physical abilities test.
This position will remain open for 30 days or until filled; however, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications by the review date, which will begin on January 31, 2023.
APPLY ON-LINE: WWW.EPJOBS.ORG
EDEN PRAIRIE SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Visit our website: Eden Prairie Public Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Eden Prairie Public Schools does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.