This is a casual position that will be scheduled to work on an as-needed basis.
Salary is $22.63/hour.
Start date approximately as soon as possible
Responsible for administering developmental and/or health screenings for the Early childhood screening program for children between the ages of 3 years and kindergarten. Responsible for providing a summary and review of screening results and for the sharing of community resources and health-related referrals with families.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
- Candidates could have a Minnesota Teaching License in Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Special Education or related area such as school psychologist, kindergarten teacher, prekindergarten teacher. Also will consider registered nurse or licensed physician or similar who have completed training seminars provided by the Department of Education or equivalent training as determined by the Minnesota Department of Education in consultation with the Minnesota Department of Health
- Intercultural competence and experience working with diverse populations, Bi-lingual preferred
- Experience: Experience working with young children or child care settings. Understanding of child development.
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Screening laws and assessments
- Culturally responsive training
- Able to administer standardized assessment effectively and efficiently.
- Able to help parents/guardians and children feel welcomed, informed and respected during assessment process
- Able to follow Early Childhood Screening program standards are followed.
- Ability to multi-task
- Must have excellent computer skills and the use of relevant software programs
- Ability to apply correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, use fractions, ratios and percentages.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with employees at all levels in the organization as well as with people outside the organization.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others including students at age level of position and present a professional appearance.
- Ability to work independently with little work direction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, understand and follow data privacy rules and regulations related to students and staff and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the ability and proven record of reporting to work on a regular and punctual basis.
Application Deadlines: All candidates should apply online as an external candidate in order to have your credentials fully considered.
Miniminum 5 days from posting or until filled/interviews begin.