Thank you for your interest in Fridley Public Schools, an International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools district. We are the only school district in Minnesota and one of few in the U.S. that offers the full IB Continuum to students in pre-K to grade 12. As a world class community of learners, Fridley Public Schools aims to develop internationally minded students. We challenge ourselves, our students, and our community to become caring and knowledgeable life-long learners who inquire and take action to create a better world.
Our mission is to guide students in the development of learning skills to help them reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will be an individual who firmly believes …
- In the value of diversity and inclusion in enriching the educational experience of all students.
- All students feel valued and have a sense of belonging.
- All learners have the right to a quality education.
- All learners have the ability to learn and attain self-fulfillment.
- All learners need the strategies and tools necessary to strive toward becoming responsible, independent and productive members of society.
Description: Design Cycle Teacher
Job Summary: Within federal and state law and regulations and district policy and practice, the Teacher is responsible for:
- The management of the instructional program for assigned students
- Establishment and maintenance of an atmosphere conducive to learning within the classroom and assist in same throughout the building
- Assessment of student progress
- Other duties as assigned by the building principal which are necessary to fulfill the basic function of the position and are consistent with the Teacher’s Master Agreement
Salary: per the master agreement https://www.fridleyschools.org/fs/resource-manager/view/f8cbb2ec-961a-495d-a77c-7e0488624aa1
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Teaching licensed issued by the Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board. All licensure subject areas will be considered with a preference in licensure areas related to Science or Career and Technical Education
Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), women, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Fridley Public Schools recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our academic mission. Fridley Public Schools is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
Working Conditions: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employed is regularly required to talk, hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach for objects, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, and use hands to grasp and feel. The employed must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally being required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Application Procedure: Apply online
Attention Application Materials to: Dr. Amy Cochran, Principal Fridley Middle School