Hiawatha Valley Education District (HVED) is looking for a Deaf-Hard of Hearing (DHH) Teacher for the 2023 – 2024 School Year!
Hiawatha Valley Education District’s (HVED) Deaf-Hard of Hearing (DHH) Teacher will provide specially designed instruction, from birth through age 21 students with a broad range of hearing loss and to collaborate and consults families, classroom and special education teachers, and specialized service providers in designing and implementing individualized education program plans for students who are auditory, visual, or multimodal leaners.
Current Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) License of Teachers of Special Education: Deaf-Hard of Hearing Teacher
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Serve as an IEP case manager for D-HH students.
- Facilitate team meetings to review student progress and develop IEPs as related to student needs.
- Contribute to and participate in the building student support teams.
- Plan and implement appropriate education programs for D-HH students.
- Collaborate with IEP team.
- Maintain appropriate records and reports. Collect data on progress on goals and objectives for each student and meet mandated timelines.
- Communicate effectively with students, families, educators, and administration regarding student programs and progress.
- Work cooperatively with general education teachers and staff and provide building consultation, support and training as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Uses standard office equipment such as computer/laptop, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
Works in school building environments and office setting.
- Travel among the HVED member school districts to fulfull student needs is required.
Salary Range: Salary is based on education and experience. Full benefits package available.
Hiawatha Valley Education District provides special education services to 13 School Districts and three (3) Charter Schools within five counties of southeast Minnesota: Fillmore, Houston, Olmsted, Wabasha, and Winona. Hiawatha Valley Education District also has two (2) Setting IV Behavior Programs that provide programming for students in grades K-12 with challenging behaviors currently receiving special education services. Along with two behavior programs, Hiawatha Valley Education District provides programming for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder. The Setting IV behavior programs and Autism Spectrum Disorder program are located in Kellogg and Caledonia. Hiawatha Valley Education District is committed to providing the best services to staff, students, and member districts in southeast Minnesota. Come join our team to serve students and to be a part of a great organization!