WELCOME TO FRIDLEY PUBLIC SCHOOLS!
Thank you for your interest in Fridley Public Schools, an International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools district. We are the only school district in Minnesota and one of few in the U.S. that offers the full IB Continuum to students in pre-K to grade 12. As a world class community of learners, Fridley Public Schools aims to develop internationally minded students. We challenge ourselves, our students, and our community to become caring and knowledgeable life-long learners who inquire and take action to create a better world.
Our mission is to guide students in the development of learning skills to help them reach their full potential.
.7 FTE Special Education teaching position to work with students with CTE aspirations and co-teach with a main stream teacher at Fridley High School, grades 9-12.
.3 FTE Career and Technical Education teacher position to work with students in our seminar and work-base learning courses.
The successful candidate will be an individual who firmly believes …
- In the value of diversity and inclusion in enriching the educational experience of all students.
- All students feel valued and have a sense of belonging.
- All learners have the right to a quality education.
- All learners have the ability to learn and attain self-fulfillment.
- All learners need the strategies and tools necessary to strive toward becoming responsible, independent and productive members of society.
Essential Job Functions:
- creating and delivering ability and age appropriate lessons
- working with a team of paraeducators in meeting students’ needs;
- communicating with parents to provide regular updates on student successes and challenges;
- collaborating with principals, special services director and staff, and professional learning communities, to ensure student needs are being met;
- maintain student records of services provided, following Due Process best practices and compliance;
- acting as a Case Manager for students in your classroom and participate in IEP and evaluation summary meetings; and
- perform other related duties, as assigned.
Knowlege, Skills and Abilities:
Desired previous experience/knowledge includes…
- strong desire and successful work with students with IEP’s.
- strong desire and commitment to working with diverse students and staff;
- writing effective Individual Education Pan (IEP)
- utilizing standardized assessment tools;
- effectively collaborating with a team; and
- constructively communicating with parent/guardian and team members.
A current Minnesota Special Education Teaching License in EBD or ABS and Community Expert (working in a field other than education but with related experience)
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds (and/or up to adult-size body weight with a two-three person lift).
Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employed is regularly required to talk, hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach for objects, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, and use hands to grasp and feel. The employed must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally being required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC), women and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Applications will be reviewed as received and qualified candidates will be interviewed until the position is filled. Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at email@example.com
Address Application Materials to : Patty Hand, Principal of Fridley High School