REPORTS TO: Adult Literacy Program Manager
2023-2024 SALARY RANGE: ROPE, C-4-1, $22,814 – salary to be pro-rated based upon start date.
- Recruit and onboard volunteers
- Maintain volunteer information in data system
- Plan volunteer trainings
- Work with leadership to identify new community partners as well as maintaining relationships with current community partners
- Attend community outreach events
- Create outreach materials
- Help with social media outreach
- Provide one-on-one support to students: help remove barriers such as: childcare, transportation, housing, health issues, food assistance, etc
- Connect students with community resources
- Assist students with public transportation
- Assist in the lab
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
- 2 years of social work or related field experience
- Experience working with historically underrepresented groups
- Some college experience
Commitment to Equity:
Rochester Public Schools is committed to diversifying its workforce to better reflect the community we serve.
We believe the practices used in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, supporting, and promoting staff must include and honor, at every level, those who represent the diverse identities of our schools and community.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
District Information: To learn more about Rochester Public Schools, visit www.rochesterschools.org.