Lakeville Area Schools has a position available starting on January 27 and extending through the end of the 2022-2023 school year.
1.00 FTE Coding 6 Teacher
McGuire Middle School
This position begins on January 27, 2023
- Must possess a valid Middle School level License, Grades 5-8, in the State of Minnesota.
- In addition, prior experience with mathematics, science or computer science preferred.
- Coding 6 is a semester long exploratory class for all 6th grade students.
- Mapped to CTSA (Computer Science Teachers Association) standards, Coding 6 takes a wide lens on computer science by covering topics such as problem solving, programming, physical computing, user centered design, and data, while inspiring students as they build their own websites, apps, animations, games, and physical computing systems.
- Salary and fringe benefits in accord with the Master Agreement with Education Minnesota – Lakeville.
- Please see attached job description.
WHAT YOU’LL LIKE ABOUT US:
- Comprehensive and affordable benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 403 (b) Plan
- Salary and Fringe Benefits in accordance with the Master Agreement with Education Minnesota-Lakeville (see attachment)
Lakeville Area Schools (Independent School District No. 194) is an award-winning school system and the twelfth largest school district in Minnesota serving approximately 11,000 students in Lakeville, parts of Burnsville and Elko New Market, and portions of Eureka, Credit River and New Market Townships. There are eight elementary schools, three middle schools and two high schools, an Area Learning Center, an online K-12 school, Early Childhood programming, and lifelong learning opportunities through Community Education. Our vision is to inspire a passion for learning in every student. Our mission is to strive to ensure success for every student personally, socially, academically and civically. Lakeville Area Schools is committed to establishing a school community that values diversity, equity, and inclusivity for all students, staff and families where every person feels welcomed, valued, and respected. We are dedicated to shared examination of our different perspectives, and prejudices, especially in terms of race, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, national origin, language, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and political ideology. Lakeville Area Schools encourages diverse candidates to apply.
Internal and External applicants apply online https://phl.applitrack.com/isd194/onlineapp/
ISD 194 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SUPPORTS WORKFORCE DIVERSITY