LPGE School is on the lookout for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our team as an assistant football coach! We believe that a successful football program is built on the foundation of dedicated coaches who bring energy, passion, and a love for the game. If you have a burning desire to inspire and mentor young athletes, this is the opportunity for you. As an assistant coach, you’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of our players both on and off the field. Your dedication and positive attitude will contribute to creating a winning culture that extends beyond the game itself. Take the first step towards an exciting coaching journey – dive into the job description and apply today. Your enthusiasm could be the driving force behind the success of our team!
1. Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
2. Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport. (Major sports)
3. The asst. coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
4. The asst. coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/her instructions and actions.
REPORTS TO: The head coach and athletic director, who provides overall objectives and final evaluation in
conjunction with the high school principals
SUPERVISES: In several instances, the head coach must advise, coordinate and support a staff of high school assistant coaches and middle school coaches in conjunction with the athletic director and respective principal.
JOB GOAL: To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self discipline, self confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes. To upgrade his/her knowledge and skills through coaching clinics, observations, consultation, etc.
1. The success of athletic programs has a strong influence on the community’s image of the entire system. The public exposure is a considerable responsibility and community/parent pressure for winning performance is taxing, but must not override the objectives of good sportsmanship and good mental health.
2. The position includes other unusual aspect such as extended time, risk injury factor and due process predicaments.
3. It is the express intent of this job description to give sufficient guidance to function. In cases not specifically covered, it shall be assumed that a coach shall exercise common sense and good judgment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Has a thorough knowledge of all the athletic policies approved by the LPGE Schools’ Board of Education and is responsible for their implementation by the entire staff of the sports program.
2. Has knowledge of existing system, state and league regulations; implements same consistently and interprets them for staff.
3. Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels. Is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
4. Established the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught by staff. Designs conferences, clinics and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of overall program.
5. Trains and informs staff, encourages professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to local clinic policy.
6. Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation and, at season’s end, analyzes staff effectiveness and evaluates all assistants.
7. Maintains discipline, adjusts grievances and works to increase morale and cooperation.
8. Performs such other duties which may be assigned by the head coach.
9. Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
10. Provides documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent and eligibility.
11. Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
13. Serves as a mentor to each athlete to promote the development and demonstration in student athletes the character traits of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
14. Gives constant attention to a student athlete’s grades and conduct.
15. By his/her presence at all practices games and while traveling, provides assistance, guidance and safeguards for each participant.
16. Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant.
17. Initiates programs and policies concerning injuries, medical attention and emergencies.
18. Completes paperwork on all disabling athletic injuries on proper forms and submits to athletic office within 24 hours.