Paraprofessional | Special Education Para | Minnetonka Middle School East (MME) | Available: June 2023 | Closing: 03/15/2023 at noon
The following Special Education Para positions are available for Extended School Year from July 11 to August 3, 2023. There will be a preparation meeting on Wednesday, June 14th from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
10 positions available for the following schedule:
3.5 hours per day
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
8:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Working with middle school students with DCD and/or ASD
- Support, modify, adjust and monitor individualized instruction in academic areas, functional skills, and/or behavior programs for special education students on a 1:1 or small group basis within both regular and special education classroom settings.
- Assist students with self-care tasks of feeding, dressing, and toileting. Lifting will be necessary for repositioning and physical restraints as necessary. Under the direction of an LSN, perform basic medical procedures to include, but not limited to, tube feedings and catheterization.
- Operate special education equipment (i.e., wheelchairs, and augmentative communication devices, assistive technology) and supervise their safe and proper use.
- Apply student management techniques and anticipate, prevent or stop self-destructive student behaviors.
- Participate in IEP conferences, school conferences, meetings with staff and/or parents, etc. as requested.
- Write concise observational data, maintain a log, record computerized data, maintain behavior charts, and monitor students’ attendance on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Will participate in training on third party reimbursement and implement third party reimbursement tasks as needed.
- Demonstrated experience supporting student instruction in the classroom preferred.
- Evidence of knowledge and/or experience in using behavior modification strategies including restitution and resiliency.
- Demonstrated training, knowledge and application of CPI strategies, preferred.
- Evidence of ability to be firm but kind, caring but consistent, patient and vigilant.
- Evidence of ability to accept direction from supervising teacher(s) and work as a team member with other professionals.
- Evidence of ability to write concise observational data, maintain a log, record computerized data, and maintain behavior charts.
- Evidence of ability to be resourceful and try options within the plan laid out with the teacher; act independently within scope of program to assist students in maintaining appropriate behaviors and achieving skills.
- Evidence of understanding of and the ability to abide by data privacy laws.
- Proven record of excellent organizational skills, punctuality and responsibility.
- Evidence of ability to modify and adjust the curriculum with input from supervising teacher(s).
- Evidence of understanding of and willingness to abide by confidentiality policy and practice of the district.
- Demonstrated computer skills are desirable.
- Evidence of willingness to participate in district and other training programs for paraprofessionals prior to and during employment.
- Evidence of strong communication skills and positive interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.