The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking applicants to join our Centaur Beginnings Childcare team as a Childcare Assistant. The Centaur Beginnings Childcare Assistant is responsible for assisting in the daily care and instruction of students ages 6 weeks – 4 years old. Work is performed under the direction of the Lead Teacher and the Childcare Programs Supervisor. BCCS is looking for positive, energetic applicants with a deep belief that every student can learn, and having the commitment and passion to provide these learning opportunities.
BCCS is looking for applicants driven to uphold our Mission: To become a justice-center school community who fuels the unique genius of each student.
BCCS Core Values – Written on a foundation of student voice, our district core values communicate the culture and character of Brooklyn Center Community Schools.
- We demonstrate passion, pride, and perseverance
- We acknowledge and disrupt oppressive systems
- Our diversity fuels learning
- We fiercely lead in justice-centered educated
- We stand front and center
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers age-appropriate curriculum in a developmentally and academically appropriate program that meets the social, emotional, and behavioral needs of the students.
- Provide supervision to students at all times; serving as a positive role model. Assist children with meals and feeding.
- Provide diaper changes and assist children with potty training. Keep daily records and logs of student activities.
- Follow daily schedules including napping and sleep schedules. Observes, evaluates, and report the children’s developmental progress, health, and well-being: assures the classrooms promote learning in a safe environment for the children.
- Delivers classroom and recreational services: assists with attendance, work assignments, clerical duties, behavior management, and classroom preparation and set up.
- Assists in creating a nurturing, educational and recreational experience where children are encouraged to develop social skills, independence, and confidence.
- Maintain a positive atmosphere of caring for all staff and children, provide constant supervision and monitor the safety of children.
- Participate in play and curriculum activities with children.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
- Knowledge of student learning styles and motivating children to engage in learning.
- Knowledge of school and district rules, regulations, and procedures
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Good judgment and decision making
- Ability to relate to, establish and maintain effective working relationships with people (staff, students, parents, and the general community) of different cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to multitask, manage deadlines, set priorities, and work independently.
- Strong analytical and technical skills required to support decision-making.
- Skilled in the supervision of students, strong communication skills, and strong technology skills.
Pay and Benefits: $15.65-$19.89 DOQ, and benefits based on the contract
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on school days and teacher duty days. Summer hours are also avalible.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent. Assistant Teacher Qualified under DHS Rule 3. Previous experience working with diverse populations and urban/ suburban school settings preferred. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Why Choose BCCS?
- Full-service community school
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.
We’re not a community on the fringe, we’re a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations.
Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we’re moving toward a change in history and hearts.
Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools: https://www.bccs286.org/
Please select this link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/brooklyncenterschools/onlineapp/
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.