Salary/Hourly Rate: $14.56 – $17.43 depending on qualifications
To assist in a variety of recreation camps for elementary-aged boys and girls at Camp Royal, a summer day camp held at Eisenhower Community Center. Primary objective is to provide any necessary support to the lead staff and perform all job responsibilities at a very high level of efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in all aspects of camp activities on a daily basis.
- Be available 4 days a week, Monday through Thursday, from June 10 to August 15 with limited time off for full days or partial days.
- Communicate and interact positively and tactfully with youth and parents.
- Enthusiastically greet participants and parents on a daily basis, while also being engaged and taking an active role in all camp activities.
- Work as a part of a team with other Camp Royal staff.
- Enforce all policies, rules and regulations established by Hopkins Community Education.
- Use positive discipline techniques to maintain an informal, orderly, and safe environment.
- Assist with attendance records and all other reports as requested.
- Maintain proper care and use of equipment and facilities.
- Follow district safety procedures and guidelines and ensure that safety precautions are taken in all activities.
- Assist in set up and clean up of activity areas.
- Keep supervisor informed of any concerns or issues and report any damages immediately.
- Perform other related duties as needed by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Genuine interest in and a passion for working closely with youth ages 5 – 12.
- Positive attitude and communication skills.
- Ability to instantly build a positive rapport with the kids.
- Must be prompt and able to arrive before and possibly stay after assigned shift, if necessary.
- Be able to take directives from other staff, and handle those responsibilities.
- Applicant must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Applicant must be physically active and able to lift 20 lbs.
- Applicant must submit to a Criminal Background Check.
- Applicant must be available to go through Camp Royal Staff training.
COMPETENCIES AND/OR VALUES COMMON TO ALL POSITIONS
- A clear and demonstrated commitment to the District mission, which is to ensure high quality, innovative, challenging education where all learners are valued and respected.
- Perform assigned responsibilities in a manner consistent with the District’s established Core Values.
- Advance the District’s mission and values through careful attention to the key issues of Learning, Environment, and Resources.