LOCATION: MTS Secondary
2872 26th Avenue South, MPLS, MN
Description: The (Building Wide Substitute) Teacher is responsible to provide classroom instruction in the (content area dependent on staff outage) content area.
- Provide instruction in the core curriculum areas for which employed; make appropriate use of instructional resources and technologies.
- Develop and implement innovative methods for providing instruction to students.
- Support the Minnesota Graduation Standards; implement the goals and objectives of the District and the school and/or program to which assigned.
- Evaluate student performance in accordance with system used by school and/or District; promote student achievement; maintain required student records; make related reports to the principal as prescribed or authorized by the superintendent.
- Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work with them in the academic development of the student; participate in parent teacher conferences.
- Perform classroom management duties; enforce rules governing the conduct of students; take appropriate disciplinary action with students when necessary.
- Continue to seek professional growth and development in the curriculum areas or grade levels for which employed; attend professional development required by the District.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A valid teaching license issued by the Minnesota Department of Education.
- Knowledge of the core curriculum areas the teacher is responsible for instructing.
- Knowledge of teaching and learning strategies to meet a wide range of student learning styles and abilities.
- Knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
- Knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Excellent classroom management skills and the ability to maintain student safety at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills to include the ability to work effectively with students, parents, district staff and community members from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to plan and implement lessons based upon district and schools goals and objectives.
- Ability to adapt teaching styles to diverse student populations.
- Ability to evaluate student performance and to present evaluations in a manner that fosters higher student achievement.
- Ability to utilize computer and multimedia technology as appropriate.
- Ability to consistently and effectively design instructional and behavioral activities for students
- Ability to work with a wide variety of students in a calm, patient, understanding, creative, flexible, student-centered environment
- Good human relation skills, team player and professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student information at all times.
- Experience with restorative practices.
M-F, school hours
Additional hours as needed to fulfill duties of this position
About Minnesota Transitions Charter School:
Minnesota Transitions Charter School (MTCS) is a unique collaboration of charter schools that help each learner make the transition from classroom to post-secondary/career and meet the responsibilities of a changing future. We were one of the nation’s early leaders in charter school development. Charter schools offer the chance for parents to choose the best education possible for their family. Special education and EL services are integrated into all of our programs. MTCS offers a learning environment emphasizing small classes as well as strong career training and academic preparation. We offer a traditional High School with many career options, Middle School and Elementary School as well as Minnesota Virtual High School (grades 6-12), Connections Academy (grades K-12) and Banaadir Academy, which has a focus on serving Somali students. Learn more at www.mtcs.org
Minnesota Transitions Charter School (MTCS) does not discriminate in employment or in any of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, age or genetic information.
FLSA Status: Exempt