Eagle Ridge Academy is a Tuition-Free Classical, College-Preparatory Charter School serving students and families in grades K-12. Eagle Ridge offers an academically rigorous education that uses a time-tested, Classical, liberal arts curriculum.
Eagle Ridge Academy (Minnetonka, MN) invites applications for the following position:
The Behavior Intervention Specialist provides consultation, coaching, one-to-one and group presentations, and classroom support, instructional and behavioral strategies for general education teachers, special education teachers, site personnel, and others providing instructional services to adolescents and transition age youth with disabilities as directed. This position is K-12 and will be helping to support general education and special education students.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Provides interventions.
- Analyzes behavior from a functional perspective and develops daily positive interventions.
- Participates as part of a multidisciplinary team and supports the school and activities.
- Researches interventions, treatment techniques, and assessment tool resources and methods.
- Conducts positive behavior support presentations, trainings, and professional development.
- Assists the Director, Administrators, Program Specialists or assigned teachers of behaviorally-based programs for individuals.
- Communications with parents regarding behavior needs of students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years successful experience teaching special education or providing related special education services to include behavioral services.
- Experience in similar position or Federal Setting III or IV Special Education setting preferred.
- Experience working with students who are considered ‘at risk,’ have experienced trauma, or severe emotional or behavioral needs.
Certification: Certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA); and/or Emotional Behavioral Disorders (EBD) Licence
By joining the faculty of Eagle Ridge Academy, you will become part of a community that embraces liberal arts education, believes in continual growth and education for its professionals, and supports collaboration in learning for students and teachers. This community learns together, works together, and plays together.
If you are excited about learning and believe in its wonder and awe, are infinitely curious about the beauty around us, and are dedicated to the virtues of Eagle Ridge Academy please consider joining our team.