Schedule varies: occasional assignments after school, on Saturdays and non-school days throughout the school year, and weekday classes during the summer
Minnetonka Community Education Center, and elementary schools
Primary Objective of Position:
Responsible for teaching American Red Cross Babysitter Training classes and Alone at Home safety classes to youth.
1. Provide instruction in Babysitter Training, in accordance with American Red Cross curriculum and certification guidelines; supervise participants, and manage class environment.
2. Provide instruction in Alone at Home classes, following established curriculum and guidelines; supervise participants, and manage class environment.
3. Provide a safe, caring, and fun environment for participants.
4. Establish a positive and friendly relationship with parents.
5. Complete records and reports as needed.
6. Monitor equipment to ensure safety.
7. Ensure that all participants follow Minnetonka School District guidelines and code of conduct.
8. Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
1. Current American Red Cross Babysitter Training Instructor certification (or willingness to complete certification).
2. Evidence of successful experience teaching youth.
3. Positive, enthusiastic, respectful attitude.
4. Evidence of excellent communication and organizational skills.
5. Evidence of the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
6. Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
7. Proven record of punctuality and responsibility.