Posting # 3465
Location: Columbia Heights High School and/or Columbia Academy (middle school)
Schedule: Tutors hours vary from 90 minutes to 6 hours, one to three days a week, depending on availability.
Hourly Rate: $12.00
Interested applicants should apply online at www.colheights.k12.mn.us.
Interviews will be scheduled at the request of the School District.
Major Responsibilities: Under direct supervision of the AVID Building Coordinator and Teachers, AVID tutors will perform the following tasks:
- Work in the classroom with small groups of AVID students in grades 7-12.
- Conduct tutorial sessions with small groups of AVID students.
- Communicate frequently and honestly with the AVID teachers and Coordinator regarding student progress and areas of concern.
- Evaluate student binders, including calendars, class and textbook notes.
- Set an example of personal excellence and high expectations for AVID students to follow.
- Determine the concepts that need to be taught or re-taught based on student notes.
- Must be a college student with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA, or be a college graduate.
- Must have a strong math and English background, as evidenced by a college transcript.
- The AVID program is designed to encourage students from diverse backgrounds to be well prepared for college; therefore, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Current college students may choose to earn volunteer hours in exchange for hourly pay.
- Retired educators and community members are encouraged to apply.
- Former AVID students are encouraged to apply.
- Tutors must attend paid training.