Posting # 3465
Location: Columbia Heights High School and/or Columbia Academy (middle school)
Schedule: Tutors hours vary from 90 minutes to 6 hours, one to three days a week, depending on availability.
Hourly Rate: $12.00
Interested applicants should apply online at www.colheights.k12.mn.us.
Interviews will be scheduled at the request of the School District.
Questions regarding this position should be directed to Tara Thukral, Director of Teaching and Learning, 763-528-4533 or email@example.com
Major Responsibilities: Under direct supervision of the AVID Building Coordinator and Teachers, AVID tutors will perform the following tasks:
- Work in the classroom with small groups of AVID students in grades 7-12.
- Conduct tutorial sessions with small groups of AVID students.
- Communicate frequently and honestly with the AVID teachers and Coordinator regarding student progress and areas of concern.
- Evaluate student binders, including calendars, class and textbook notes.
- Set an example of personal excellence and high expectations for AVID students to follow.
- Determine the concepts that need to be taught or re-taught based on student notes.
- Must be a college student with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA, or be a college graduate.
- Must have a strong math and English background, as evidenced by a college transcript.
- The AVID program is designed to encourage students from diverse backgrounds to be well prepared for college; therefore, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Current college students may choose to earn volunteer hours in exchange for hourly pay.
- Retired educators and community members are encouraged to apply.
- Former AVID students are encouraged to apply.
- Tutors must attend paid training.