ASL Special Education Paraprofessional
Hours: 4.5 (7:30-12:00 daily)
Starting rate of pay: $21.54
Responsibilities include assigned tasks during the school year to support the IEP needs of the student’s individual education plan (IEP) specific to working with students needing ASL support. Must have the ability to engage in conversational sign language with assigned student(s) and provide the necessary supervison and support necessary for that student to be successful in both the classroom and social settings (lunch, recess). Reponsible for observing student needs in the classroom and assists the teacher with classroom activities and support when needed. Collects data while in the classroom and shares this data with staff working with the student. Also, assist in the same manner with transportation staff.
• High School diploma required. Highly Qualified Status Required. Preference for 2 year post-secondary training.
Proficient in American Sign Language
Assistive Technology principles and practices in an education setting and applicable technologies related to subject material
• May need to lift, pull and move a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Must be willing to assist in the eating and toileting needs of students.
• Must maintain data privacy and confidentiality for all students.
• Computer skills preferred.
• Apply online at www.wayzata.k12.mn.us
• Internal Applicants must complete the Internal Application
• Position is open only to current Secretary/Paraprofessional Unit Employees through 3/23/23@ 4:00 PM.
• If this position does not fill internally, non-unit candidates will be considered.