The mission of Aurora Charter School is to operate a center of learning that embraces academic excellence and celebrates the gift of Latino culture.
Our unique dual language program is designed around the three pillars of dual language education; Bilingualism and Biltieracy, High academic achievement, and socio-cultural competence. We strive to ensure that each child develops strong biliteracy skills, achieves at their highest potential, and develops a socio-cultural competence that helps them develop into noble citizens of our community.
The Art Teacher K-8th Grade, under the supervision of the principal is responsible for planning and executing high-quality lessons in the content area they are responsible for. This teacher should be connected to and/or have a broad knowledge of the Latino culture and be able to plan culturally-sensitive lessons.
- License to teach art in grades K-8 in Minnesota
- Bachelor’s Degree with major or minor in art education or related degree
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred but not required
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
- Provide instruction in the core curriculum areas for which employed; make appropriate use of instructional resources and technologies.
- Develop and implement innovative methods for providing instruction to students.
- Utilize school curriculum and resources to inform instruction and ensure that students learn at a high level.
- Evaluate student performance in accordance with system used by the school; promote student achievement; maintain required student records; make related reports to the school administration.
- Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work with them to achieve student academic development; participate in parent teacher conferences.
- Manage classroom and student behavior within the classroom; enforce rules governing the conduct of students; take appropriate disciplinary action with students when necessary.
- Continue to seek professional growth and development in the curriculum areas for which employed; attend professional development required by the district; maintain active teaching license.
- Serve on a minimum of one school committee.
- Contribute to the District’s inclusive workplace efforts by fostering a safe, welcoming, and respectful environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Teachers at Aurora Charter School are expected to:
- Develop lesson plans according to state standards
- Create lessons that may be required for adaptive education or students with special needs
- Develop classroom standards for behavior and acceptable social norms
- Create substitute lesson plans
- Collaborate with other teachers for integrative lesson planning
- Adhere to the school’s discipline policies
- Attend all-staff meetings
- Meet with students, parents, counselor, teachers, and others in special group meetings to develop individual lesson plans
- Attend after-school functions
- Assist the school with its Environmental Education initatives by implementing EE in the classroom
- Participate in field trips
- Organize, clean, and decorate your classroom
- Take attendance and prepare progress reports for grades
- Attend open house and back-to-school nights
- Hold parent/teacher conferences
Salary and Benefits:
- Beginning salaries are determined based on years of experience and level of education.
- Full-time employees are offered health and dental insurance. Based on the health plan selected, the school pays all or the majority of the employee’s insurance premium.
- Employees are offered a variety of voluntary benefits.
- All employees are offered paid time off for illness, personal days, and bereavement.
- All employees are automatically enrolled in a retirement plan. Both the employee and the school contribute to retirement.