TYPE OF POSITION:
Hours may vary based on building/program needs
This position will work in the community as assigned
Multiple positions available
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Ability to work with children
- Ability to communicate with parents and community members
Responsible for providing one-on-one support to a child with special needs, promoting safety, inclusion and interaction as they access recreational activities in the community with their peers.
- Communicate directly with families to arrange connecting in the community
- Provide one on one support for the child in the community activity
- Promote safety, inclusion and peer interaction throughout the activity
- Provides support, modifications and discipline strategies to assist the child in successful participation
- Communicate with program coordinator any needs or problems that may occur
- Complete and submit required paperwork for each child
- Interact and communicate with parents and agency staff in a positive, professional and cooperative manner
- Advocate for all children
- Other duties as assigned
- Frequent: walking, standing, sitting, hearing, talking, and seeing
All Employees of Saint Cloud School District 742 are responsible to support District goals, to work collaboratively and respectfully with diverse populations of staff, students and parents and to model and promote a welcoming working and learning environment. Employees are expected to support and adapt to change and to demonstrate commitment to continuous performance improvement. Employees are responsible to establish and maintain effective communication with students, teachers, support staff, colleagues and parents, respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the District, and to be dependable and accountable in the performance of their work.
It is the prerogative of the District to assign staff so as to best meet the needs of the District.