Community Education Aquatics Program Lead
TYPE OF POSITION:
Hours may vary based on program needs
Supervisor of Community Education
Water Safety Instructors, Lifeguards
- Two years’ experience in aquatics related programming
- Knowledge of and experience working with diverse groups
- CPR, AED, First Aid, Lifeguard Certification, required water safety training
Excellent organization and project management skills; strong communication skills including scheduling, speaking and listening; ability to work with diverse groups; skill in team building and collaboration with a demonstrated ability to involve others in work and to inform others of processes, decisions and events; knowledge and understanding of aquatics programs.
Site-based lead to implement, coordinate staff and supervise the planned aquatics program and activities including class schedules, implementation/facilitate changes, communication with families and oversight of aquatics instructors/lifeguards on site.
- Assist in recruiting water safety instructors and lifeguards partnering with Community Education Coordinator and Supervisor for the interviewing, screening and hiring process.
- Assist in evaluation of water safety instructors and lifeguards.
- Parallel district initiatives with community needs.
- Works closely with coordinators and staff to ensure safety and security.
- Correlates facility scheduling and program supplies on site and coordinates training with other staff.
- Facilitates the placement of trained staff into aquatics schedule into roles that best serve district goals and objectives.
- Provides orientation, training, assessment of, and ongoing support of instructors and lifeguards.
- Follows district procedures and processes designed to ensure the safety of students, staff, and community members.
- Provides regular and consistent communication and reports to supervisor and other stakeholders.
- Attends trainings, workshops and staff development opportunities related to aquatics programs as directed by coordinator/supervisor.
- Providing ongoing program evaluation by obtaining regular feedback from participants, staff, and stakeholders.
- Collaborates with coordinators and other administrative staff to facilitate strong, respectful working relationships between aquatics staff.
- Provides ongoing and appropriate recognition of aquatics staff.
- Frequent: swimming, walking, standing, bending, sitting, hearing, talking, and seeing
All Employees of Saint Cloud School District 742 are responsible to support District goals, to work collaboratively and respectfully with diverse populations of staff, students and parents and to model and promote a welcoming working and learning environment. Employees are expected to support and adapt to change and to demonstrate commitment to continuous performance improvement. Employees are responsible to establish and maintain effective communication with students, teachers, support staff, colleagues and parents, respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the District, and to be dependable and accountable in the performance of their work.
It is the prerogative of the District to assign staff so as to best meet the needs of the District