- 1.0 FTE
- Multiple Positions Available:
- Early Childhood Special Education at Brookside Education Center
- Elementary (Grades K-5) – Halverson, Lakeview, Sibley and Hawthorne
- Southwest Middle School (Grades 6-7)
- Albert Lea High School (Grades 8-12
- Develops and proides specialized instruction to meet the academic, functional, and behavioral needs of students in an elementary and secondary special education setting; evaluates and assesses student academic, functional and behavioral progress; functions as IEP manager to assigned students; directs the work of paraprofessionals; collaborates with other service providers and educators.
- Support provided for special education team members:
- Building special education leadership roles to ensure compliance with due process, effective delivery of instructional services and supports, scheduling and assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Due Process Clerk to support scheduling of team meetings and ensuring attendance by all members.
- Maintaining databases and timelines, as well as providing support for due process forms.
- Minnesota Teaching license in K-12 Special Education
Albert Lea Area Schools’ mission is to ensure individual growth that leads to engaged citizens and life-long learners.
Albert Lea Area Schools offers…
- Mentoring Program: Collaboration and ongoing support throughout the school year including new teacher induction professional learning opportunities.
- New Teacher Onboarding: A three-day onboarding for new staff and their mentors
- Teacher Development and Evaluation: Marzano instructional and evaluation framework
- Professional Development: Opportunities available within the district (no fee) to grow in your teaching craft, also including required professional development opportunities for relicensure.
Competitive Salary and Benefits. More detailed information can be found at our website: https://www.alschools.org/df/hr/career-opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- VEBA Annual Contribution
- Access to Well at Work Clinic and HealthiestYou
- Life Insurance
Albert Lea Area Schools…
Inspiring Learners and Cultivating Growth to positively impact our community.
Visit our community! Explore Albert Lea @ https://www.explorealbertlea.com/