Position Title: ALC Teacher
Location: Minnesota State College Southeast, Winona, MN
Hiawatha Valley Education District is seeking a talented, driven Alternative Learning Center (ALC) Teacher. This is a .5 teaching position and program created to collaborate with Minnesota State College Southeast to provide an opportunity for secondary students to take college courses at Minnesota State College Southeast while achieving their high school diploma. This .5 teaching position will provide the opportunity to teach the students high school credits while also scheduling and motivating students in technical and community college courses. This program and ALC classroom will be within Minnesota State College Southeast, located in Winona, MN.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum
- Collaborate and work with Minnesota State College Southeast to provide the best growth and opportunities for high school students
- Create a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment that is conducive to individualized and small group learning
- Provide feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Document teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes
- Understand and utilize Odysseyware and other online learning curriculum for students
- Other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor
- Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as computers, laptops, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Minimal travel requirements
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office, classroom, and community college environments.
- Certification/License: Minnesota State Secondary License (grades 7-12) required
- Experience with at-risk students in a setting that provides group and one-on-one instruction for all academic needs strongly preferred
Salary Range: Competitive salary and benefits package. Based on years of experience and credentials.
FLSA Status: Exempt