Adventure Club assistant site supervisor
Robbinsdale Spanish Immersion Elementary School
Level 4 of the Program Assistants Terms and Conditions of Employment ($19.71-$25.38 per hour based on qualification/experience)
52 weeks per year, 35 hours of paid time per week, Monday through Friday; 7 hours per day (hours to vary)
- Support the Adventure Club Program mission to provide a fun, safe enriching experience in a respectful and nurturing environment and promote life-long learning skills in all children and youth during out-of-school time.
- Support the Program goals by:
- Providing opportunities for children to succeed both academically and socially through the collaboration of school and community resources.
- Providing a secure and inclusive environment in which all children may explore the world around them.
- Providing opportunities from which all children learn to make choices that contribute to both their growth in life-long learning skills and their development into becoming respectful and responsible adults.
- Supporting families by providing community resources.
- Fostering the individual growth and development of all children and youth.
- Providing children with new experiences and involvement in their community.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality regarding staff, student and their families.
- Implement a philosophy of education and administration that is compatible with Adventure Club and Robbinsdale Area Schools missions.
- Assists Site Supervisor in:
- Supervising Adventure Club program development and operations for one site, before and after school, non-school and vacation days.
- Promoting and supporting the Minnesota School Age Care Standards for Quality School Age Care toward MAAP Accreditation for the site.
- Developing and implementing an effective and enriching anti-bias, inclusive environment and curriculum according to the Adventure Club Mission and MAAP Standards.
- Maintaining a fiscally sound site budget
- Training, supervising and evaluating site staff and assisting in implementing staff development and team work.
- The overall supervision of children and in staffing ratio.
- Developing effective guidance procedures for all children regardless of ability or special needs.
- Establishing effective communication with children, their families, Adventure Club and school staff and community.
- Directing the development, implementation and evaluation of the Adventure Club site.
- Other duties as assigned
An assistant site supervisor in the Adventure Club program must meet the following qualifications.
- Advanced coursework in education, recreation, child development or similar preferred
- Two years experience preferred in supervising the development of a similar school-age care or related program.
- Successful experience working with children ages 5-11 years in groups.
- Experience in staff supervision, training and curriculum development.
- Evidence of strong written and oral communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated competency in conflict resolution, crisis management skills, commitment to multicultural, gender fair and disability awareness.
- Ability to encourage shared leadership, team building and collaborative working relationships within the site, building and overall program.
- A working knowledge of developmentally appropriate anti-bias curriculum and the National School Age Care Standards for Quality Care
- Current CPR, First Aid training certificate and CPI certification
Apply on-line at www.applitrack.com/rdale/onlineapp
POSTING OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Human Resources Program Director
4148 Winnetka Avenue N.
New Hope, MN 55427