In alignment with District 197’s commitment to caring relationships, equitable practices, and high achievement for all, we actively encourage those committed to creating an equitable and inclusive culture, free of discrimination, to join our team.
7/8 Grade Social Studies Teacher – 1.0 FTE
Heritage Middle School
Hours: M-F, hours per teacher contract
- Minnesota Education license
- Social Studies License is required for this position.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Intercultural competence, including the ability to effectively teach students from diverse racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Knowledge of relevant technology.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district and state.
- Prefer Bi-lingual (Spanish).
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
It is the policy, practice, and commitment of District 197 to provide equal employment opportunities for all people without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Please contact human resources if you need financial assistance for your pre-employment screening.