- Provide coaching and instruction to middle school students in a competitive athletic program.
- Season starts August 28 and ends October 15, practices run Monday and Wednesday, 4 – 5:30 pm.
- The season includes skill development and competition in a Saturday morning league with teams from schools west and south of Orono.
- Work collaboratively with youth sports coordinator to implement a coaching philosophy that is supportive of student/athletes’ development.
- Communicate effectively with student/athletes, coaching staff, parents, and building administrators, regarding program needs and developments.
- Understanding of fundamental skills and strategies.
- Effective practice management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration with others.
- Understanding of the role of parent involvement and the ability to collaborate with parents.
- Commitment to supporting the whole student/athlete in athletic competition, academics, and in character development.
Bargaining Group and Level: NA
All applicants must apply online at: http://bit.ly/oronojobs
District Website: www.oronoschools.org