Elementary Classroom Teacher
Cannon River STEM School’s vision is to become an innovative leader in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) in Minnesota while creating a community of students who love to learn. Teachers at CRSS are responsible for bringing the CRSS mission to life, fostering each student’s innate curiosity and joy of discovery. Our teachers prepare students to become excellent questioners, scientific thinkers, and responsible citizens, who are able to contribute to the world with confidence and character. Teachers achieve this through student-centered, collaborative and experiential learning, with an emphasis on the environment as an integrating context. Teachers are responsible for organizing and implementing instructional programs to meet and exceed the K-8 standards set by the Cannon River STEM School and State and Federal governments.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Executive Director and other central office administrators as designated by the Executive Director.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor learning environment through all seasons
- Must be able to move, traverse and position self in various locations, including rugged terrain
- Must be able to be outside in all weather conditions with students and maintain a learning environment.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree of related subject from accredited university.
- Valid MN teaching license (K-6/1-6 Elementary Education)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with parents, students, teachers, staff, administrators, agency personnel and others.
- Ability to teach in an outdoor setting and to use the environment as an integrating context for learning.
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed, collaborative and flexible.
- Must clear pre-employment background check and substance abuse screening.
- Project based or environmental education teaching experience.
- MS Licensure in Math or Science.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade levels a plus.
FLSA Status: Exempt