3 Teachers Needed
Days: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays
Time: 8:15 – 11:45 a.m.
Minnesota K-12 Special Education License (LD/EBD/ASD/DD)
Job Duties and Requirements:
1. Develop and provide programming based on Individual Educational Plan.
2. Responsible for case management of special education students.
3. Complete required Due Process procedures within mandated time frames.
4. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
5. Develop Individual Educational Plan (IEP/IFSP/IIIP) based on assessment data and student needs.
6. Communicates regularly with parents outside normal ESY school day.
7. Works in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues and supervisors.
8. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Collaborative work in a fast-paced environment interacting with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community with multiple requests and concerns.
2. Support and communicate with other administrators and staff.
3. Respond in emergency situations.
4. Know, interpret, and follow school District policies.
5. May plan and coordinate the work of paraprofessionals and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Demonstrated knowledge in using a variety of behavior management strategies.
2. Evidence of positive communication skills and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
3. Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
4. Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary technology.
5. Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents and the community.
6. Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
7. Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
Anjie Flowers, Executive Director of Human Resources
Kristin Laughlin, Director of Special Education
Please upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Minnesota Teacher license information with your online application.
Current Employees, please fill out the Internal Application form found on the district website under “District” then “Departments-Human Resources” click “Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form” found on the right side of the page. Current employees do not need to attach letters of recommendation or transcripts.