Minnesota K-12 ASD and/or ABS teaching license required. Will consider EBD or LD licensure if candidate is willing to obtain ASD licensure within two years.
Job Duties and Requirements:
1. Develop and provide programming based on Individual Educational Plan and make recommendations based on analyzed assessment data.
2. Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means Schoology, newsletters, phone calls, emails, conferences, etc.
3. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
4. Maintains and improves professional skills by participating in building and department meetings, formal coursework, workshops and seminars in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices.
5. Works in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues and supervisors.
6. Responsible for case management of special education students
7. Complete required Due Process procedures within mandated time frames.
8. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
1. Collaborative work in a fast-paced environment interacting with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community with multiple requests and concerns.
2. Support and communicate with other administrators and staff.
3. Respond in emergency situations.
4. Know, interpret, and follow school District policies.
5. May plan and coordinate the work of paraprofessionals and volunteers in the classroom.
6. May provide input to the goal-setting process for paraprofessionals.
7. Participates in a professional learning community on a regular basis.
8. Participates in training on third party reimbursement and implement third party reimbursement tasks as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Experience understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders.
2. Strong curriculum background with experience teaching core content curriculum and with teaching strategies.
3. Has previous experience teaming with special and regular education staff.
4. Has experience with providing developmental skill instruction in the areas of reading, language arts, math and social skills curriculum.
5. Has demonstrated knowledge in using a variety of behavior management strategies.
6. Evidence of positive communication skills and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
7. Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
8. Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary classroom technology.
9. Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
10. Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
11. Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
Anjie Flowers, Executive Director of Human Resources
Christine Breen, Executive Director of Special Education
Jeff Erickson, Principal
Please upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Minnesota Teacher license information with your online application.
Current Employees, please fill out the Internal Application form found on the district website under “District” then “Departments-Human Resources” click “Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form” found on the right side of the page. Current employees do not need to attach letters of recommendation or transcripts.