Hours may vary based on program needs
We have new openings district-wide, from early childhood up to senior high
Building Principals, immediate supervisor
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Diploma
- Highly Qualified status – HQ status as defined by one of the following standards:
- 60 semester college credits with a G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher _ OR_
- Passing the ParaPro Assessment, which is a general aptitude multiple-choice test. Training is provided to prepare. Candidate has 60 days after hiring to complete test.
- Similar job related experience
The Special Education Paraeducator is responsible for assisting teaching personnel or special services staff in the supervision and instruction of special education students, performing classroom clerical tasks, assisting students by meeting special health care needs and developing student’s daily living and behavioral skills.
$17.00/hr (starting salary for new hires)
Online application, www.isd742.org, attach documentation supporting HQ status
- Assist in the implementation and follow through of educational programs developed through the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) process
- Assist students with feeding, lifting/positioning, bathroom needs, personal hygiene, and swimming
- Observe, monitor, and communicate student progress to teachers
- Performing record keeping and clerical functions to support the administrator or teacher
- Assist with student physical and behavioral management, including removing or restraining students for disruptive behavior
- Supervising/assisting students during instructional and non-instructional activities
- Maintaining awareness and observing student’s activities/actions; assessing behavior including communicating rules, expectations and consequences
- Promote School District rules, policies, procedures, Mission Statement and Core Values
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a positive learning environment
- Adhere to federal, state and district student data confidentiality and privacy laws
- Other duties as assigned
- The ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time; may be exposed to adverse weather
- Light Work: exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- Frequent: walking, standing, sitting, hearing, talking, and seeing
All Employees of Saint Cloud School District 742 are responsible to support District goals, to work collaboratively and respectfully with diverse populations of staff, students and parents and to model and promote a welcoming working and learning environment. Employees are expected to support and adapt to change and to demonstrate commitment to continuous performance improvement. Employees are responsible to establish and maintain effective communication with students, teachers, support staff, colleagues and parents, respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the District, and to be dependable and accountable in the performance of their work.
It is the prerogative of the District to assign staff so as to best meet the needs of the District.
DSP para educator
PCA hiring immediately
ASD part full
paraeducator aide assistant
SPED special education